16 September 2014

Peanut Butter Cookies



































We celebrated my Dad's 46th birthday last weekend, happy birthday Dad! My Dad doesn't really like cake so I set to work on something I knew he would prefer, a peanut butter cookie. I added the dark chocolate because it's a favourite and a lovely combination but these work just as well plain if that's your preference. These are gluten, dairy and refined sugar free and no-one could tell which means they are almost good for you and tasty as well!

Peanut Butter Cookies
(Recipe very adapted from Nigella)

Ingredients: (makes approx 18 cookies)

100g of Gluten Free Plain Flour. I use a blend by Doves Organics.
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/4 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
60g unrefined Light Brown Sugar
40g unrefined Golden Caster Sugar
50g Dairy Free Butter
1 teaspoon Honey
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 Egg
200g Crunchy Peanut Butter. I used Meridian no added salt and sugar.
100g Dark Vegan Chocolate (optional)
Some crushed peanuts to decorate.

1. In a bowl, cream together the sugar and butter. Add the egg, vanilla, honey and peanut butter. Stir well until combined.

2. Add the flour, baking powder and xanthan gum and mix well. The mixture is quite thick and you should be able to shape the dough with your hands.

3. Line a baking tray with parchment and measure out your dough. The cookies don't spread out when you bake them so if you want a flatter cookie make sure you press them down. Bake in the oven at 170c for 8-10 minutes.

To decorate, put the chocolate in a mug and melt in the microwave. Using a spoon pour the chocolate over the cookies and add some chopped nuts. Allow to cool, or if you are my Mum, grab one and eat it right away.

If you make these (or any of my recipes) I would love to see, tag them #thecakecult on Instagram so I don't miss it. Enjoy!

2 comments

  1. Oh. My. Goodness. Those look to die for! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my....these look amazing! Making them today!

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

© The Toms House. Design by FCD.