26 January 2015

Five Happy Things



Last week felt like two or three rolled into one. It doesn't seem almost a week ago that I was booking my wedding as I have been struck down with the flu and now everything feels hazy. I feel like I have been ill a lot lately and perhaps my body is trying to tell me something. I think some change might be on the cards soon.

1. Booking Our Wedding Date. On Tuesday I rang my parents local registry office and booked in our wedding for May 30th!

2. I Found A Wedding Dress. About five minutes after making the call, Byron's Mum texted me about a dress she had just seen in TK Maxx, there was only one and it happened to be in my size. I rushed over to meet her and the dress fit like a glove. It's perfect, it's pretty and it was only £20. 

3. Hot Chocolate With My Future Mother-in-Law. It was lovely to meet E for a hot chocolate and to talk about all of our wedding plans. Because we no longer live with her it's important to make time to keep her filled in. Also, I know Byron will forget.

4. Sunny January Days. Sure, the weather is really cold - I have been doing the two scarf thing this week - but at least it isn't raining. I always feel so much better whilst the sun is shining and it makes the cool days all the most bearable. 

5. Parenthood. After seeing all of Tori's tweets about this emotional rollercoaster of a show, I gave it a watch this weekend with Byron and we are both hooked. We managed to complete all of Season 1 over Friday evening and Saturday whilst I was bedridden. It was glorious. If you haven't seen it yet I recommend it with a box of tissues.

For Your Reading List:

The Perfect Nutella Cookies // Thunderlove
Actually "No More Page 3" Really Matters // Bluebell & Bumpkin
It's OK // The Peppermint Pencil

What has made you smile this week?

Post a Comment

Instagram

© The Toms House. Design by FCD.