23 February 2015

Five Happy Things



Last week was full of ups and downs, mainly in a professional capacity as I struggled to get back into the swing of work. I've spent quite a bit of time lately not feeling valued and that has been difficult. Schools can be thankless places but I do feel like I'm working through the worst of it now and coming out the other side with a slightly thicker skin. Still, there has been lots to be happy about in the last week, no matter how small.

1. Spring is Coming. I noticed yesterday morning how daffodils are starting to sprout in our flower boxes in the back garden. I was filled with joy as not only do I love daffodils but I also love Spring and the end to the short, cold days.

2. Sweet Students. I witnessed lots of lovely moments between students last week and sometimes their ability to apologise and take responsibility really moves me.

3. Happy Emails. One of my colleagues emailed my boss to tell her how brill I had been on a particular project. It really made me feel valued and appreciated which was needed at the end of a difficult week.

4. New Blogs. Last week I discovered quite a few new blogs to add to my reading list. I love finding online spaces of like-minded people and I need to set some time aside to explore them properly this week.

5. Naps. After a long day with a lot of year 7 classes, Friday is the day I like to come home and take a nap. It was glorious!

For Your Reading List:

January In Books // Elise And Life
Chinese New Year 2015 // Spunting

How was your week?

Post a Comment

Instagram

© The Toms House. Design by FCD.