Oh last week, how I won't miss thee. To be perfectly honest it started really well. I felt like I had tons of energy and work was good. Then Thursday came along and kicked me hard with a migraine and some cramps. Thanks for that mother nature! By Friday I had also developed a finger infection which thankfully didn't require antibiotics but made me feel really sick. Two days off work and a weekend of sleep and rest meant that by yesterday evening I was feeling much more human. I have been tracking my migraines this year and there does seem to be a pattern so it's probable that they are hormonal. Something to take to my acupuncturist next time I guess.
Despite all that there were some happy moments to choose from last week. Here's what made the cut:
1. Coconut Collaborative. Byron bought me a treat last week as I hadn't been feeling well. This was the first time that I tried this frozen yoghurt and I am completely addicted. I got the chocolate version and it's completely dairy and added sugar free. The vanilla version even has good bacteria in it!
2. Camomile Tea. I find this so calming and have started to drink it more in the evenings before bed. I have noticed that the quality of my sleep has really improved. My favourite is Twinings, Camomile and Honey.
3. The Bottom of the Washing Basket. Oh it's a small but wonderful thing to finally see the bottom of my washing basket. I was beginning to think that it no longer existed. Yesterday I did all of my laundry and felt super organised.
4. Ikea Visits. This was really special, not only because I got to go to Ikea, but because I got to have a long overdue catch up with my BFF James. We haven't seen each other in person since before I got engaged so it was great to talk about all the little wedding details and his part in our wedding - he's one of our witnesses - James is so important to me and I feel like my soul is happy when we get to be in the same space.
5. Restful Weekends. I feel like our weekends go too quickly and we often have to do one thing or another. Last weekend we just stayed in, ate bacon sandwiches and binge watched Parenthood. I had been feeling very under the weather and it was the perfect end to the week.