8 April 2015

Be Still



As I sit down to write this long overdue blog post, I have just burnt my finger on a raspberry whilst taking a cake out of the oven. It hurts but somehow it has sparked something which has prompted me to sit at my desk, in front of an empty screen, wondering how to start.

This space is important to me, I have spent a long time tweaking and almost a year writing for it, but somehow I feel like I have lost my voice. Too caught up in blog posts about how to blog, the right way to do things, you know the ones I mean. The ones which on one hand can be inspiring and on the other completely stifling. 

Taking a break was intentional, there was no time frame. I wanted to have room to think about what I want this place I have created to be. I recently read The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin and I devoured it in only a few days. Not surprising that although I am happy in some ways, there are plenty of things that I would like to embrace, adapt or let go of. I am quick to tears, and slow to reason.  I want to be more mindful, more present, more able to breathe and cope in stressful situations. 

I have some clarity about the direction of this blog now, I want this space to be a personal blog, a diary of sorts. Somewhere where I am not caught up in being "social media perfect" or having a schedule. I have stopped doing the photo a day challenge, this is because I found the prompts to be more creative than authentic. I often had to go out and find something to take a photo of which was stressful and I would prefer to restart doing something similar to Kerri, who posts one picture a day of something she has done or seen. I will also be spring cleaning some of the blogs I follow on Bloglovin' as I try to be more intentional with what I am reading so if you do have favourite personal blogs which you follow, please let me know in the comments.

Until next time!

Post a Comment

Instagram

© The Toms House. Design by FCD.