What a week. It's been a big come down from the wedding to find myself back at work on Monday and out of my "just married" bubble. On Wednesday my immune system completely flaked on me and I was sent home at breaktime and slept for 5 hours. I honestly didn't realise quite how tired I was but I can always leave it to my body to tell me to rest. The evenings have been wonderful and sunny, going home to my husband has been extra novel as we adjust to the change in our relationship status. To be honest, it doesn't actually feel like it's hit us yet. I'm still waiting on that bombshell. So here's the other stuff that made me happy this week:
1. Wedding Gifts. Byron and I have been married a whole week now and we didn't register for gifts but we did receive several well thought out ones which now have pride of place in our home. Byron's colleagues got us a Next giftcard too which I put to good use and finally got some pillows for the sofa.
2. Sweet Williams. I picked up the most beautiful bunch of sweet williams for the bargain price of £2 this week. It was so large I split it into three vases and dotted them around our home.
3. Byron's Fancy Pants Meal. Byron didn't have the best week so on Friday I did my best to cheer him up. Food always works a treat so I cooked him some of his favourites for him to come home too. I even made cake. It's not often that we have three courses and he's requested the same again for his birthday on Friday. It's always such a pleasure to spoil him and make him smile.
4. Ice Cream. It's a very naughty thing to do and I'm pretty sure my skin is going to make me pay for it later but the van was right in my eyeline and I couldn't resist. It was totally worth it and I feel like it's kick started my Summer vibes.
5. Byron bought me a Fitbit. I am completely obsessed and I'm logging my water intake religiously. I've noticed that I actually drink a lot more than I thought I did have have had no problem reaching the target over the couple of days I've had it. My steps have been pretty low over the weekend as I enjoyed vegetating for a few days. I feel like I walk loads at school though so it's going to be interesting to find out how much tomorrow.
For Your Reading List:
♥ Body Shaming Round Two | Life Outside London
♥ An Edible Garden - Herbs | The Peppermint Pencil
♥ It Started With A Whisper | Tea In Your Twenties
♥ Questions To Ask In A Job Interview | Sprunting
♥ Healthy Turkey Courgette Lasagna | Jasmin Charlotte
♥ Finding Focus | Sunny Sweet Pea
Have a wonderful week, until next time!