2 August 2015

Five Happy Things


Is there any better time to write one of these posts when you have been poorly all week? I think not. It's good to reflect on how not everything was rubbish, even if I felt that way and this week off has truly been rather lovely.

1. Buying some clothes in the sales for work. I absolutely hate shopping but I did need a few new things to wear to work so I hit the sales on Monday and picked up a few bargains. A couple of dresses from Topshop, a top from Oasis and two cardigans from H&M for under £50!

2. Spending the rest of the week in my PJ's. I am one of those people where as soon I step through the front door the pyjamas are on. Being poorly has made that even more sweet and I didn't actually leave them for 3 days straight, Bliss!

3. Watching Murder She Wrote Re-runs. I love this show and it gives me such lovely memories of lazy afternoons with my nan. Watching a few episodes over lunch was such a treat and I will actually miss it next week.

4. Laughing over the phone with my Mum. My wonderful Mum never fails to make me laugh, whether it's with her or at her I am sure to feel better once we have spoken. It's always nice to have a catch up as we don't see each other as much as I'd like.

5. Being looked after. Not my usual style at all but this week I felt so dreadful I did actually let Byron look after me a bit. This usually involved bringing me lots of tea with honey for my poor throat. I have to admit, I really enjoyed it.

Posts I have enjoyed reading lately:

34 Small Things That Make Me Happy // Muted Mornings
Raw Kiwi and Ginger "Cheesecake" // My Darling Lemon Thyme
Why I Didn't Keep My Maiden Name // Life Outside London

Post a Comment

Instagram

© The Toms House. Design by FCD.