2 September 2015

Birthday in London 2015


Another year and another birthday trip to London for my Mum. This is the third time we have done this trip and we always find new things to see. The past two years - see here and here - we have seen a show but this year nothing really called out to us so we went sight seeing instead. Mum has never been to any of the London museum's so these were high on our list, as well as visiting Notting Hill to catch a glimpse of THAT blue door.



















































We started out by getting the tube to Notting Hill and exploring Portobello Road. I have never been before and it was just so pretty. We marvelled at the lovely handmade goods and Mum bought a beaded necklace for herself and some leaf earrings for me. We stopped for a quick burger, my first at Honest Burger, I was really impressed with how they catered for gluten free folk like myself. After re-fueling we set out in search of the blue door which we completely walked past and had to be pointed to. It's sat right next to a Starbucks now and it's not hard to miss it.



































A 40 minute walk later and we arrived at the Natural History Museum. There was quite a lot to see here but we were mainly interested in the dinosaur exhibit, complete with a T Rex which amazed all the children there when it roared and moved around.



Mum really wanted to see the Mummies and after a quick Google search we discovered they were at the British Museum. Not one's to be stuck in the underground all day, we began the 2 (ish) mile walk to see them. The gift shop was wonderful and I always enjoy visiting them. I think I could actually spend all my time in London going from gift shop to gift shop. I bought Byron a wind up guardsman as a gift, as is our tradition whenever we visit separately.




































A quick walk to the station, a pizza at Prezzo's and we were back on the train home. Completely exhausted but happy. Looking forward to next year!

Post a Comment

Instagram

© The Toms House. Design by FCD.