27 October 2015

Gluten Free Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes



Last month I fell into a bit of a funk with my cooking, I wasn't in the kitchen nearly enough just for fun and I wasn't feeling inspired. When Wayfair contacted me to contribute on their blog it seemed like the worst time to ask me to invent a recipe based on Autumn. However, it was also the week that PSL's came back and I had 3 in as many days, prompting me to think that those flavours would work so well in a cake. 

I hadn't cooked pumpkin before and found the idea strangely intimidating. Anyone I knew always used it out of a can which is really hard to get hold of here, plus cooking something fresh always feels like a better option when possible. After a bit of Googling on how to cook a pumpkin I found that it was ridiculously easy and so these pumpkin spice cupcakes with cinnamon cream cheese were born.

They also happen to make a lovely little one layer cake too, just pour the mixture into a 6 inch cake pan and cook on 180c for 35 mins or until a knife comes out clean. Then make half of the frosting and when it's cool, spread it on top.

You can find the recipe on the Wayfair blog here

Post a Comment

Instagram

© The Toms House. Design by FCD.