17 November 2015

Boxed Brownies


I first discovered Boxed Brownies on Instagram through a mutual follower, LemonFreckles. Obviously I followed them, happy to see more sweet treats in my feed. I soon discovered that the lovely pair behind the idea - Clive and Hayley - are from Sheffield, use eggs from their own free range hens and only Fairtrade chocolate. The one downside? There was no gluten free option. Cue the sad face. 

However, last Thursday Boxed Brownies announced a blackberry and white chocolate gluten free brownie. Even better, they were doing a deal where I could get a box through my front door for only £10! Imagine my excitement come Saturday morning when the postman knocked on my door just in time for breakfast.


The first thing I noticed after I calmed down, was just how pretty the packaging was - I am a sucker for that sort of thing - The box is sturdy, decorated with a “Proudly Made in Sheffield” sticker and comes tied up with string. Upon opening the box I was greeted with a pretty card and some greaseproof paper which is covered with words associated with their home town, The Arctic Monkeys being one of them. The brownies themselves are separated by cardboard dividers and fit perfectly.
The brownies are without a doubt the best I've ever eaten. Sometimes as a gluten free consumer I feel like I miss out  where cakes are concerned, unless I make it myself. This was the first time in a long time where I really couldn't tell the difference. The brownies are thick, gooey, packed with chocolate and absolutely delicious. They even got the thumbs up from the husband, who is not usually a cake person. Well done Boxed Brownies, you are a cake dream come true!
 *This post wasn't sponsored. I was just seriously impressed by these and wanted to share the love. Want to order a box yourself? Visit boxedbrownies.co.uk, you won't regret it.

Post a Comment

Instagram

© The Toms House. Design by FCD.