19 January 2016

Tried and True: Veganuary



So I'm past the halfway mark and feeling pretty good about this lifestyle change of mine. I will detail much more about it at the end of the month but I've had a few questions about what I've been eating so it seemed like a good time to share some links. 

I have become a HUGE fan of the Minimalist Baker blog and have enjoyed the Quinoa Stuffed Peppers a couple of times now. They are even better the next day, and as I'm the girl who likes to take leftovers to work, this is definitely a win! I even attempted my own pizza base from scratch and whilst it was a bit firmer than I usually like, I think that is probably down the flour I was using. Note to self, must buy different flour and make my own blend.

Another great recipe, and I know that I harp on about Catherine at every possible moment, is Sprunting's adapted version of Deliciously Ella's lentil bolognese. This is a great alternative to mince and works really well. I adapted this further into a chilli but skipped the sun-dried tomatoes. Don't skip the sun-dried tomatoes. They are the making of this dish.

My first experiment with Vegan cooking was SheKnows Broccoli and Sweet Potato cakes. I really liked these and learnt after cooking them in my frying pan that I actually prefer them oven baked. Twice baked was even better when I re-heated them the next day as it gave them a crispier shell so I'll be doing that in the future.

On the sweet side, we have been enjoying these chocolate cookies by Livia's Kitchen. I've made several batches now and I'm obsessed! They are definitely helping with the cravings when the office opens another box of biscuits.

Well those are my favourite dishes over the past couple of weeks. If you are also taking part and want to share some links with me then let me know in the comments or over on Twitter

Post a Comment

Instagram

© The Toms House. Design by FCD.