31 August 2016

Wonderful Wednesday Five



I've really noticed how the weeks are flying by recently. Before I know it another Wednesday is at the door and I'm sat at my desk remembering the things that made me smile so that I can share them here. The bank holiday weekend plus an extra day of annual leave has provided lots of time to catch my breath, I didn't realise how much I needed a break until 5.30pm on Thursday rolled around. Anyway, here are my best bits!

London
My Mum and I headed over to London early on Friday morning for her annual birthday trip. We crammed so much into the day I'm not entirely sure how we made it back to the train. Beginning with Camden Town, Baker Street, a walk through Regent's Park to the Zoo and then over to Covent Garden and Trafalgar Square made me glad I wore my comfy sandals. A day to remember, the photos of which will be up on this little space shortly.

Haddon Hall
On Sunday, Byron and I met one of my favourite internet friends in the flesh. Visiting from Germany, we met her and her mother at Haddon Hall for the day. Despite being less than an hour away I had never visited and it was really pretty. We spent most of our time there taking way too many photos of the flowers. The Sunday lunch was good too!

Family Birthdays
As well as my Mum's birthday, this weekend with celebrated the birthday of Byron's brother who popped over with his girlfriend for pizza. After getting back from my parents and cramming in an hours nap (always!) we were ready to greet them and had a wonderful time. S starts university this year so the time feels particularly special before he goes off to study Anatomy like the brainiac he is. 

Stranger Things
I know I mentioned this last week but on Monday we finished the series and despite being really rather creepy, it was fantastic! I am definitely left waiting for a series 2. If you haven't seen it yet I would highly recommend it.

Here's hoping that you had a wonderful week. Let me know your best bits in the comments or over in the twittersphere. I'd love to hear them!

The lovely  Sally is the one who got me thinking about the warm and fuzzies over on Sally Tangle. There's even more lovely folks who join in on the happiness and mid week merriment so be sure to pop over to them for more of the good stuff - MichelleHelenEmmaKateCatJo and Kerri.


Post a Comment

Instagram

© The Toms House. Design by FCD.