24 August 2016

Wonderful Wednesday Four



Another week which just flew by, except over here it's been two! Wrapping my head around all of the house stuff whilst also trying to work my little butt off at work got the better of me and unfortunately this space just had to give. However, I can't stay away from the mid week merriment for long so here's what's been making me happy lately.

Spa Day
After completing a huge project at work during June, my workplace gifted me and a colleague with a spa day complete with complimentary back massage and facial. I've never actually been to a spa and wasn't sure what to expect, I did however know that I'm not keen on massages, unpopular opinion I know! We had a lovely day lounging around in the pool and the sauna and whilst my opinion of massages didn't change, I did really enjoy the facial. I left on Monday feeling much more relaxed and ready for the week ahead which involves the annual birthday trip to London with my Mum.

The Lumineers
A little late to the party but the Lumineers album "Cleopatra" has been the soundtrack to my July. Often in my ears at work whilst I complete figures, and usually on in the car on the way home too. 

Banana Bread
I made this delicious one bowl banana bread by the Minimalist Baker on Sunday and it was glorious! I swapped out the egg for a flax egg and skipped the honey as the bananas were really ripe. If you're looking for a treat which feels a bit naughty but can also be eaten for breakfast then this is the one for you.

Stranger Things
So every man and his dog has probably watched this before me but after Mimmi mentioned it over on Twitter it seemed right up my husbands alley. It really is good although it freaks me out on the regular, only two episodes to go!!

Mortgage Offer
Back in mortgage land and we received our mortgage offer yesterday!! Really excited about that despite the fact that the homebuyers survey we actioned being a little on the scary side. Currently we are waiting for some quotes as the house has a few issues which require fixing and depending on the price we may need to ask for that money to be taken off of the purchase price. Fingers crossed it isn't too astronomical as we would really like to be moved in this side of Christmas.

The lovely  Sally is the one who got me thinking about the warm and fuzzies over on Sally Tangle. There's even more lovely folks who join in on the happiness and mid week merriment so be sure to pop over to them for more of the good stuff - MichelleHelenEmmaKateCatJo and Kerri.

Post a Comment

Instagram

© The Toms House. Design by FCD.