14 September 2016

Wonderful Wednesday Seven



Good morning and happy Wednesday! I was worried that I would struggle to write this post today and felt like shrugging it off for a week, however when I sat down at my desk this morning quite a few happy things came into my head. I do treasure these little moments of reflection on a weekly basis.

Going Sugar Free
As of today I have been added sugar free for 14 days and counting! I am currently on the Whole 30 program on advice from my acupuncturist and was finding it really hard in the beginning. However, now i'm getting into the swing of it it's not so bad. You do have to be a stickler for checking the labels on everything, who knew that there was added sugar in most bacon?! Madness! Anyway, other than a brief moment on the verge of tears at not being able to eat the most delicious looking pavlova at work yesterday, it is going well and I am definitely feeling better in terms of my stomach stuff.

Signing the Papers!
Last Friday B and I popped into the solicitors to sign the papers on our home! It's all very exciting and now we are waiting for the vendor to sign hers before we can set a date. All being well, we are hoping to move in at the end of this month.

Almond Milk
On Whole 30 my almond milk is forbidden (I like the Rude Health one) due to it having rice in it. After spending the first week and a half drinking black coffee I took the plunge and ordered a nut bag and a big bag of almonds. It is literally so easy to make. On Monday night I mixed 1 cup of almonds with 5 cups of water in my blender, left until the morning when I whizzed it up and put it through my nut bag. It's been blissful having milk in my coffee again, and it feels even better when you created it yourself.

The lovely  Sally is the one who got me thinking about the warm and fuzzies over on Sally Tangle. There's even more lovely folks who join in on the happiness and mid week merriment so be sure to pop over to them for more of the good stuff - MichelleHelenEmmaKateCatJoKerriLaura, Sarah, Jasmin and Elenor.

Post a Comment

Instagram

© The Toms House. Design by FCD.