7 September 2016

Wonderful Wednesday Six



The end of last week was the rival for worst work week of the year, which is a shame seeing as it was a short one. It was an absolute blessing to be able to sit down and write about my happy things as it made me focus on those good little things which happened.

Annual Leave
I took a cheeky day of annual leave on Friday which meant that I only had a 3 day work week and it was needed. I had taken on far too much over the previous week and the bank holiday weekend, and  as a result felt emotionally fragile and just generally overstretched. Just one extra day to get myself together had me in a much better place to tackle this week and I am glad I was kind to myself, it made all the difference.

Leadership Course
Yesterday I went on a course for work aimed around management. I don't actually manage a person yet but I do manage projects and I do have to work with a lot of different departments. Whilst I was very anxious on the Monday night about every possible thing, it was actually a fantastic experience. I came away feeling really motivated, focused and much more prepared which is something I had felt lacking lately.

Cut Grass
Despite being allergic to grass pollen (urgh!) I do love the smell of a freshly cut lawn. I came out of the beautiful conference centre (where the above mentioned course was held) at the end of the day and was greeted with the most lovely scent. The smell along with the balminess of the early evening really was something to smile about.

Here's hoping that you had a wonderful week. Let me know your best bits in the comments or over in the twittersphere. I'd love to hear them!

The lovely  Sally is the one who got me thinking about the warm and fuzzies over on Sally Tangle. There's even more lovely folks who join in on the happiness and mid week merriment so be sure to pop over to them for more of the good stuff - MichelleHelenEmmaKateCatJoKerri and Laura.

Post a Comment

Instagram

© The Toms House. Design by FCD.