26 October 2016

Wonderful Wednesday Eleven



Hello! After a couple of weeks break for the joy of packing, we're back with some Wonderful Wednesday goodness. Brought to you from the proud owner of her own home full to brim with boxes and who was scrambling around trying to find underwear this morning. Classy. 

Moving Day!
It finally arrived yesterday. While we are mentioning this, I should also mention our lovely movers who made the morning stress free. We were out of the old place and into the new within 2 hours! We can't find anything and the place is still a building site, but it's ours. 

Lovely Helpers.
Some of my favourites have really rallied around over the past few weeks, helping us paint and get the living room ready so that we at least have a room to live in. One of my friends Dad's is a builder and her brother a plasterer so we have had plenty of jobs for them to do as well. Sure, we still have no bedroom floor and there's still plaster which needs replacing but just putting some Goose Down over those awful satin Apple Green walls made everything feel a little bit better.

Butternut Squash Soup
One of my colleagues treated me to some homemade soup at lunch on Monday. It was literally autumn in a bowl and was so comforting. What was especially sweet was how he double checked all the ingredients with me to ensure it was definitely gluten free.

Our Garden
So I've never actually had a garden and I've only really mastered the art of the indoor plant over the past couple of years. Still, the beauty of our garden is not lost on me and I'm looking forward to learning some new tricks come the spring. If you're an outdoor gardener I would love some tips!

The lovely  Sally is the one who got me thinking about the warm and fuzzies over on Sally Tangle. There's even more lovely folks who join in on the happiness and mid week merriment so be sure to pop over to them for more of the good stuff - MichelleHelenEmmaKateCatJoKerriLauraSarahJasminPeta and Elenor.

Post a Comment

Instagram

© The Toms House. Design by FCD.