5 October 2016

Wonderful Wednesday Ten



Ahh Wonderful Wednesday, a list of all the happy things over the past week which let's face it, this morning I really need. After a night plagued with nightmares and my brain being overactive, I've woken up with bags right down to my chin. Sitting at my desk nursing a cup of coffee and preparing myself for a very busy day ahead means that writing this post is the best possible start to my day. It's onwards and upwards from here folks!

Ghostbusters!
So I'm a bit behind the crowd on this one - aren't I always?! - but Ghostbusters was laugh til my sides hurt fantastic! After reading some pretty awful reviews and discarding those reviews because I will watch anything which involves Sookie St James (Melissa McCarthy for those non Gilmore Girls fans), the husband and I sat down to watch on Saturday night. The story was great and the lead characters well written, I especially liked Holzmann played by Kate McKinnon whose engineering skills were out of this world awesome. The only downside to me was Chris Hemsworth's character as I didn't really get why he needed to be quite so stupid. I assumed it was to juxtaposition his role later in the film but I might have missed something there. Feel free to enlighten me with your own theories on that one.  

We Exchanged!
For reals this time! Apparently two sets of people signing papers does not an "exchange" make so the official stuffs all happened this past Monday. We pick up the keys to out first home on Friday and I already ordered a coffee table and booked the guy to sort the damp. 10/10 for adulting this week.

Food!
So maybe a tad on the boring side for those who are able to eat exactly what they want but I finished Whole 30 last Friday and promptly reintroduced rice back into my diet. This meant I could finally buy the brown rice pasta from Morrisons and it was glorious! Also, not too expensive for the GF stuff at £1.39 a bag. A colleague also brought me some homegrown cooking apples which will be made into a delicious crumble later this week. Basically food is everything! 

New Earrings.
I'm not a massive fan of jewelry but I do have a small collection of the simple stuff. After seeing a tweet last week - peer pressure much?! - I made a purchase of these tiny silver studs from Oh My Clumsy Heart. They arrived yesterday and are so dainty and pretty I never want to take them out. 

New Plant Babies.
Literally, the tiny kind. I popped into good old Homebase for a fern for my windowsill at work and I couldn't resist just a few more succulents. My other little ones had been repotted and grown and I missed nurturing them. I'm looking forward to watching them grow, especially the one in the right of the photo because I've never actually seen one like that.

The lovely  Sally is the one who got me thinking about the warm and fuzzies over on Sally Tangle. There's even more lovely folks who join in on the happiness and mid week merriment so be sure to pop over to them for more of the good stuff - MichelleHelenEmmaKateCatJoKerriLauraSarahJasminPeta and Elenor.

Post a Comment

Instagram

© The Toms House. Design by FCD.