30 November 2016

Wonderful Wednesday Thirteen



Good morning and happy frosty Wednesday to you. Navigating my very steep drive was such a thrill that I feel like I barely need the coffee steaming away in front of me right now. Still, I know I will be flagging come 10am without it, plus it's warm. Definitely need the warm. On to the wonderful:

Our Bedroom
Our bedroom was finally functional as of last Wednesday and sleeping in a bed felt oh so good! I'm still really chuffed that we laid the floor ourselves and did the majority of the work. I even hemmed our curtains which we got for a bargain from Ikea. As a side note, why are curtains so damn expensive?! Just a lampshade to go and I think we are pretty much there. Pictures to follow!

Essential Oils
I am a big fan of the humble essential oil and often have some burning. Since moving into the bedroom I have been using Lavender in the evening and it's knocking me right out. I'm actually having to keep the lid on for a little while so I can get some reading in. It's potent stuff! If you're thinking of giving it a go, and if you're an over-thinker you might consider it, then 3 drops is plenty. Anymore than that and it tends to have the opposite effect.

Casserole
With the cold snap I have turned to my trusty slow cooker for our meals. Aldi do an amazing bag of casserole veggies which I chuck in with some browned meat and stock. Quick, easy and is the only reason that I would have considered trying a leek again.

A Bicycle
Byron's Mum dropped me off a bicycle this week and I happen to know that Byron has bought me the cutest helmet so I can start riding it post Christmas. I've never had a bike as an adult and I can't wait to go on a few adventures, french baguette in the basket and all!

The lovely  Sally is the one who got me thinking about the warm and fuzzies over on Sally Tangle. There's even more lovely folks who join in on the happiness and mid week merriment so be sure to pop over to them for more of the good stuff - MichelleHelenEmmaKateCatJoKerriLauraSarahJasminPeta and Elenor. Don't forget to check out the #wonderfulwednesday on Twitter too, the WW family is growing all the time!

Post a Comment

Instagram

© The Toms House. Design by FCD.