16 November 2016

Wonderful Wednesday Twelve



Good morning! Today I am happily sat at my desk dying to write this post and make a list of all the happy things. The DIY-ing has really taken it out of me lately and along with a project launch at work I've struggled to find the motivation and energy to sit and write these, but we are literally SO close to having the bedroom to a point where painting is the last thing to do! On with the happiness!

Christmas Markets
Last weekend was the Derby Christmas Market at the Roundhouse. Whilst I do also go to the seasonal ones throughout the year, this one is by far my favourite. I picked up a few extra Christmas presents as stocking fillers and bought the most beautiful handmade peg fairy for our tree. We started the festivities with Mulled Pimms which I didn't know was a thing but now I don't know how I ever lived without it.

Our Bedroom Floor
After a month of sleeping on the sofa we finally replaced enough of the plaster (3 walls!) in the bedroom to actually lay the floor. After getting a quote that was a little higher than we wanted to pay, we headed off to Screwfix to buy a jigsaw and do it ourselves. Despite the doorframe being a bit awkward we finally finished it last night and the skirting boards will go on tomorrow. The satisfaction of creating it ourselves has given us such a buzz and I'm itching to get started on the spare room too. 

Supermoon
Monday's Supermoon really was a sigh for sore eye's wasn't it? We caught a few glimpses on the way home through the cloud and I really enjoyed seeing all the detailed photos on social media throughout the following couple of days. 

Kung Flu Fighter
Well the cold has finally come to rest in my head and chest over the past week and I invested in a little King Flu Fighter tea from Bluebird Tea Company. I was pretty sure I wouldn't like it after reading that it contained aniseed but I was pretty much ready to try anything when it arrived. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it mostly tasted of peppermint and it's been a staple tea during my workday ever since.

The lovely  Sally is the one who got me thinking about the warm and fuzzies over on Sally Tangle. There's even more lovely folks who join in on the happiness and mid week merriment so be sure to pop over to them for more of the good stuff - MichelleHelenEmmaKateCatJoKerriLauraSarahJasminPeta and Elenor. Don't forget to check out the #wonderfulwednesday on Twitter too, the WW family is growing all the time!

Post a Comment

Instagram

© The Toms House. Design by FCD.