21 December 2016

Wonderful Wednesday Fifteen



Good morning and happy Wednesday! Well, it would be happy if we weren’t awoken at 5am by screaming pipes. It turns out there’s been a burst pipe on a road near us and we had no water!! Luckily, I had the foresight to ensure there was just enough water in the kettle for two cups of tea before I went to bed. There might have been bloodshed, just saying. On the upside, Severn Trent were already working on it at 7am so I may have water when I just home. Happy days!

Christmas Chocolates
I think I might have eaten my bodyweight in chocolate over the past couple of weeks. It was the chocolate orange at my parent’s which started me on this slippery slope. I am comforted by the fact that they are apparently smaller, making the fact that I ate a further two a non-issue. Of course, the seemingly endless boxes of Roses which keep appearing on our desks are helping either!

Christmas Candles
When we picked up the tree a few weeks ago we also collected a couple of Christmas scented candles. Not only are the glass jars pretty but I am really enjoying the smell of orange and cinnamon drifting around our home.

Christmas Party
Despite feeling pretty rough the next day, free bar I am looking at you! I had such a great time at work’s Christmas party. It was extremely well organised by one of my favourites and we even had our own lip sync battle. My favourite was Kate Bush, obvs.

Presents
I always love the process of gift giving and I am always that annoying person who says that they don’t want anything. It’s true though, I much prefer the process of choosing out a gift for someone else and watching them open it. I’ve bought nearly all of our presents from independent sellers this year which took a little extra time and postage but fits more in line with my ethics. Last week a colleague and I were talking about what I was buying my husband, a wallet, which he had chosen because I couldn’t presume to know what a man looks for in a wallet. When, we had a great idea. This prompted me to buy him a surprise gift which I now can’t wait for him to open!

The lovely  Sally is the one who got me thinking about the warm and fuzzies over on Sally Tangle. There's even more lovely folks who join in on the happiness and mid week merriment so be sure to pop over to them for more of the good stuff - MichelleHelenEmmaKateCatJoKerriLauraSarahJasminPeta and Elenor. Don't forget to check out the #wonderfulwednesday on Twitter too, the WW family is growing all the time!

Post a Comment

Instagram

© The Toms House. Design by FCD.