7 December 2016

Wonderful Wednesday Fourteen



Good morning and a wonderful Wednesday to you! I'm not going to lie, this week has felt pretty challenging as I'm on the cusp of a cold. That, combined with being very busy at work is pretty much just wiping me out. I'm tired all. the. time. so I'm making sure to get plenty of rest in the evenings and just chill out. Runny nose aside, there have been some lovely bits this week, here's some highlights.

Oh Christmas Tree
In the past week I have had the joy of decorating three Christmas trees! Not only did we pick up our own last Wednesday evening, but I also decorated the work tree and the one at my parents. I love getting out all that glitters and hanging it from the branches. This year we opted for a real tree which we bought on recommendation from Ikea. Not only are there trees £25 no matter the size, but we got a £20 voucher for use in Jan/Feb and they also recycle the trees into cat litter for the local shelter! So basically we bought a £5 tree which makes the bungalow smell amazing and we get to do some good for cats too.

The Christmas Market
Mum and I braved the crowds at Lincoln Christmas Market on Saturday. Whilst I found the market itself to be very food orientated (as in, food you actually had to eat there, not take home) I still enjoyed a look around. Mostly I love Lincoln's large selection of independent shops, I only visit once a year so I like to make the most it. I did start the day with a hot chocolate and brandy though, giving a whole new meaning to Merry Christmas at 10.30am.

Planet Coaster
So video games aren't something I normally mention on the blog but this game has got me. For fans of the Rollercoaster Tycoon series of yesteryear, it's a real upgrade. I love all the little details, like how guests dance past anything that plays music. I'm really enjoying the customisation of it which feels endless. It's cute and I haven't enjoyed a game this much since Stardew Valley's release. 

The lovely  Sally is the one who got me thinking about the warm and fuzzies over on Sally Tangle. There's even more lovely folks who join in on the happiness and mid week merriment so be sure to pop over to them for more of the good stuff - MichelleHelenEmmaKateCatJoKerriLauraSarahJasminPeta and Elenor. Don't forget to check out the #wonderfulwednesday on Twitter too, the WW family is growing all the time!


Post a Comment

Instagram

© The Toms House. Design by FCD.