2 January 2017

2017: Word of the Year



I'm not one for grand gestures or impressive New Years Resolution's which promise to change my life but instead make me feel guilty and miserable. Instead, like many others, I am adopting a word of the year. Last year, unofficially, it was kindness. Whilst I have always been on the ball with my kindness to others, it was kindness towards myself which was lacking. I think I really tackled that with my eating habits last year, adopting Veganism for 8 months for the sake of my digestive system and then trying Whole 30. I also took up monthly acupuncture and gave myself some space to just be in the moment. 

This year's word, officially, in a way to hold myself accountable here, is Intention. To live more intentionally and to be more intentional with my time. For me, this really is an extension to kindness because when I am more intentional, I am also more kind to myself. To get myself going this month I have deactivated my Facebook account, a HUGE time-suck even if I rarely post. More than anything, it doesn't bring me any Joy. It's habit's like these which I would like to eliminate. The habit of scrolling mindlessly through feeds of "information". I won't be ditching Twitter or Instagram though but I will aim to leave more comments and be more engaged in the little community I am a part of.

Yesterday I also started Yoga with Adriene's Yoga Revolution which is 31 days throughout January to really engage with yourself, be present and commit to a practice which serves you. Just before Christmas I took up learning how to hula hoop, mostly because I have always wanted to learn but also because it's Fun. Day one was hilarious as I could barely keep it on my hips but now, one week later, I'm really starting to get the hang of it! 

I have mostly written this post to hold myself accountable, but I'm also a nosy so-and-so who likes to read these little insights into other's lives. If you're like me then I highly recommend you pop over to Cat and Kate's blogs where they talk about their own words of the year.

Happy New Year!

Post a Comment

Instagram

© The Toms House. Design by FCD.