25 January 2017

Wonderful Wednesday Eighteen



Happy Wednesday! I really thought that I wouldn't make today's post. Despite missing last weeks as well, I am struggling to find those little joys amongst all of the stress I have been experiencing in my professional life. Truth be told, it's been hard. However, sitting at my desk and typing this post will give me a moment to actually hone in and focus on those moments, which, can only be a good thing. On to the wonderful!

The Sunrise
On Sunday morning I woke up to the prettiest pink sunrise over garden. It was the first moment in quite a while that I had stopped to take notice of it. The front of the house was bathed in a golden glow but the pink when I made my breakfast really made me smile. 

La La Land
Last Tuesday, the girls from work and I went to watch La La Land and it was utterly charming! I wasn't sure whether I would like it as musicals aren't usually my bag but I was invested from the first song and it blew my mind! I've had the soundtrack on my phone since and it's provided a welcome relief amongst the stress.

Skirting Boards
Yes, I know, I am such a new home bore! However, I couldn't have a happy list without mentioning that we laid the floor and now have skirting boards in the spare room. This weekend the desk will be making it's way in there and the living room will actually be just that, a place to relax and entertain.

The Crown
Oh. My. God. Late to the party but wow! I admit to being pretty intrigued by the royal family but I wasn't sure what to expect. At times it was just breathtaking and incredibly sad but the cast and the writing is stellar. If you haven't watched it yet but was thinking of giving it a go, I would urge you to.

Letting Go
This week I have been practising the art of letting go of things which I have no control over. My word that's hard! I have to constantly remind myself to just breathe and I have to make the conscious decision to let something go. Byron has commented that I seem a lot happier and actually, I have been. It's hard and sometimes it feels impossible, but making the effort to just let things be the way that they are has left me feeling less out of control. I wasn't really expecting that outcome, that, in itself, has been a joy.

The lovely  Sally is the one who got me thinking about the warm and fuzzies over on Sally Tangle. There's even more lovely folks who join in on the happiness and mid week merriment so be sure to pop over to them for more of the good stuff - MichelleHelenEmmaKateCatJoKerriLauraSarahJasminPeta and Elenor. Don't forget to check out the #wonderfulwednesday on Twitter too, the WW family is growing all the time!

Post a Comment

Instagram

© The Toms House. Design by FCD.