4 January 2017

Wonderful Wednesday Sixteen



Happy Wonderful Wednesday to you! The first one of the year is here and I for one am really happy to be continuing this into 2017. Even if I don't post anything else, and even if I sometimes skip one, I do love noting down these little things which happen each week. This will be a two week special because Christmas!

Catching up with family
My family only live 70 miles away but the 2 hour trip isn't one that we make regularly when life gets busy. Don't get me wrong, I'm the girl who speaks to her mum on the phone several times a week but it just isn't the same as sitting in the same space and being around the energy of those people who shaped you. We only had a few days visiting my folks but those days of cooking, laughing and eating copious amounts of desserts were definitely ones to be treasured.

Hello Fitness
My lovely friend Claire mentioned that she had taken up hula hooping and suggested that I give it a try. In the spirit of the year almost being over and wanting to try something new, I promptly found myself on the Argos website ordering one and then picked it up the same night. I am sure I look like a completely dork but it's so satisfying when you can actually see yourself improving at something on a daily basis.

Impulse Purchases
I am not an impulse shopper. For the most part I actually really struggle to part with my cash (except for on hula hoops apparently). However, on New Years Eve I noticed the loveliest 1960's sideboard in a shop doorway and knew I had to have it. It will take up residence where I currently sit at my desk writing this post. Of course, that means I actually have to get a wriggle on and finish laying the floor in the spare room so that said desk can move. Good job I have until the weekend to get that done!

Lie in's
I don't sleep in. Ever. Even when I'm sick I struggle to sleep past 8am and it's not an uncommon occurrence to see me up at 6.30am on a Sunday. However, after enduring the cold from hell (4 weeks!!!!) I was sleeping in until gone 9am for most of last week. My body clearly needed a well earned rest and I indulged it as much as I could, even if that meant waking up with my alarm clock yesterday was more of a struggle.

Sunshine and Blue Skies
On Monday I actually ran out of peanut butter, which is frankly unheard of in our house, it did however mean that I was forced out of the house to the store. Once the frost had cleared we were in for such a beautiful day and I am glad that I got out for some fresh air. If the tree's weren't so bare, I could almost imagine it was spring.

The lovely  Sally is the one who got me thinking about the warm and fuzzies over on Sally Tangle. There's even more lovely folks who join in on the happiness and mid week merriment so be sure to pop over to them for more of the good stuff - MichelleHelenEmmaKateCatJoKerriLauraSarahJasminPeta and Elenor. Don't forget to check out the #wonderfulwednesday on Twitter too, the WW family is growing all the time!

Post a Comment

Instagram

© The Toms House. Design by FCD.